Thursday, September 29, 2011

Waving


The seventh stage of Lamb's 8Ws is Waving.  This is the communication stage, when the learner identifies and audience and shares her final product with them.  It can be likened to the "communication" stage of Pappas and Tepe's Pathways to Knowledge, in which the learner shares her new knowledge in an appropriate format.  This step can also be compared to part of the "assessing" stage of Ian Jukes' 5As.  In this stage, the learner creates a final product and reflects on the process.


I think I actually mostly covered this stage in my previous post on Wrapping.  I can definitely see how in an effective search process, the stages all start to blend together, one flowing seamlessly into the next.  Since I was so engaged in the process, I moved from one stage to the next without thinking about it, more like a natural progression than any sort of checklist.


To reiterate, for anyone just dropping in on this particular post:  My plan has always been to share my final product with my family.  We will all be attending my brother's wedding together, and I know they are just as curious as me about what the ceremony will include.  I posted my findings to the internet here, so anyone else interested in researching Hindu weddings can access them.  However, I also included a disclaimer that this research was done with a specific wedding in mind, and not all findings will be entirely accurate to other ceremonies, due to the personal preferences of the participants.  I'll be sending the link to my page to my immediate and extended family members, and they will be able to share it with other friends who are going to be attending the wedding.




Baker, Katie.  Comparison of models.  http://virutalinquiry.com/inquiry/bakermodel.pdf.


Callison, Daniel and Leslie Preddy.  The Blue Book on Information Age Inquiry, Instruction and Literacy.  Westport, Connecticut: Libraries Unlimited, 2006.


Lamb, Annette.  "5-As."  Information Age Inquiry.  https://oncourse.iu.edu/portal/site/FA11-IN-SLIS-S574-16409


Lamb, Annette.  "Pathways to Knowledge."  Information Age Inquiry.  https://oncourse.iu.edu/portal/site/FA11-IN-SLIS-S574-16409


Lamb, Annette.  "Waving."  Information Age Inquiry.  https://oncourse.iu.edu/portal/site/FA11-IN-SLIS-S574-16409 

No comments:

Post a Comment